8.15.2008

Enrolling: Japanese 101

First, hiragana update! The more letters/symbols I know, the more confusing it becomes. I'll try to memorize the ones I learned extremely well before moving on to new ones. I hope this will eliminate the problem. Today, I finished K’s and moved on to the S’s. Here are the letters (again, are they called letters?) that I know so far:







Charts from About.com

I went to the Dept. of Asian Languages and Cultures at my University yesterday to see if I can sign up for Japanese 101 come fall semester. Unfortunately they weren’t able to tell me one way or another. As it turns out, even with 7 sections offered, classes fill up quick. I’m guessing it must be a popular course! And so, all I got out of the present administration was: “Classes are full… blah blah blah, and so on.” Well, all I can say is - thank god for my determination to be admitted into this program. After coming home yesterday, I e-mailed the professor directly and just now she responds telling me to come see her on Day 1; she will get me in. I’m starting official Japanese on September 2nd! Should I celebrate or start to panic? Haha… I hear it isn’t an easy class.

Before I go, BIG shout-outs to Lunar, Sam, Akihiro, and Amy for reading and responding to this very young blog… and thus supplying me with (much needed) creative fuels to write more entries. It’s nice to know someone is reading this :)

Question of the Day: Did you ever take (or plan to take) official Japanese classes?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I am planning to take official Jap. classes from Berlitz. I just need to free my schedule and have time for the classes :)


Regards,
Maryam@JOL