9.01.2008

Bright Future

Another film recommendation for those of you who enjoy unconventional (and Japanese!) cinema. I'm talking about Kiyoshi Kurosawa's Bright Future (アカルイミライ). I found this film to be fresh and interesting, but, truth be told, hard to follow at times. I think I will need another screening (or two) to work out all the symbolism etc. Well, more Japanese listening practice for me! It's a win-win! Anyway, I strongly reccomend it!

Here is a spoiler-free (I try) intro to the film: "Two young guys work in a plant that manufactures oshibori. Their weird bond is based on uncontrollable rage, something neither can articulate or control, and the strange jellyfish that they keep as a pet. A bizzare turn of events soon changes both of their lives." ~ Adapted from IMDB

University classes start tomorrow, my first ever Japanese class is Wednesday!

QOTD: How to ace Japanese 101? :) hmmm...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What has happened in the last two years? Have you given up or are you fluent now?